A luxury home isn’t just defined by its aesthetics but also its features. From state-of-the-art technology to creative and customizable options, the possibilities are seemingly endless when working with a luxury custom home builder in Tampa like Waterstone City Homes.
But, with plenty of options, comes indecision and in this blog post, we’re making things easier by highlighting four must-have features in your Florida luxury home.
The kitchen is the epicenter of any home. It’s where meals are made and enjoyed, stories are shared, homework is done, and where family and friends can enjoy each other’s company.
That’s why it’s important to add features and amenities that will take your kitchen to the next level.
Here are some opulent finishes and ideas to consider:
- Handleless Cabinets – If you want to create a modern, streamlined look in your kitchen, consider handleless cabinets. These cabinets are designed with channels that make opening them just as easy as opening a cabinet with handles.
- Wine Cooler – No matter if you have a wine room or wine cellar already in your home, incorporating a wine cooler in your kitchen adds a layer of convenience when entertaining or when you simply want a glass of wine while cooking dinner.
- Technology – Luxury and technology go hand-in-hand and whether it’s state-of-the-art appliances or climate-controlled drawers, there’s a myriad of ways to infuse technology into your luxury kitchen.
When building a custom luxury home in Florida, don’t ignore the outdoor living space.
Thanks to the climate, Floridians are able to spend a considerable amount of time outside throughout the year.
So, making the most of the weather requires the addition of a luxurious outdoor living space. And, a luxurious outdoor living space requires both shaded and sun-soaked areas for optimal comfort and relaxation.
Whether it’s a fully-functional outdoor kitchen (Check out the outdoor kitchen at our Davis Island – West Indies project) or a relaxing patio seating area in the shade, and of course, a pool, the outdoor space of a custom luxury home is just as important as the interior.
Just take Hyde Park project for example where we created an outdoor oasis that incorporated lush greenery, a pool and jacuzzi with a poolside fire feature (perfect for the winter months), as well as a covered porch area with paddle fans to beat the Florida heat.
All of this and more made this outdoor living space an area of the home that can be used all-year round.
Functional Home Office
The office in a custom luxury home should be a productivity sanctuary. It’s a place where you can close the doors behind you and focus on what you need to accomplish.
However, it’s more than just a quiet place to do work.
It’s a room in your house that can exude magnificence as well from custom finishes to unique designs.
Pairing form with function is a great way to create the perfect home office. Here are some design ideas to consider:
- Natural Light – Windows that allow natural light to stream into your home office can help boost productivity. In fact, Eco Business published a study that showed workplaces with sufficient daylight saw an uptick of between 5 and 40 percent productivity and sales. The same idea would apply to your home office.
- Built-in Storage – From book collections to important paperwork to awards and other decorative items, we all tend to collect a lot of things. And, rather than put them away in a place that can’t be seen, display them or have them be readily accessible with built-in storage. The home office in our Hyde Park project is a perfect example of providing ample storage but also creating a space where decorative features and other items can be proudly displayed.
- Additional Seating – Sometimes a change of scenery is all it takes to spark creativity. That’s why you should incorporate an additional seating area in your home office to create a secondary place other than your desk to take calls and do your work. Or, the additional seating could be used by your kids to quietly do their school work as well.
You shouldn’t have to leave the comfort of your home for a trip to the spa. Instead, you can create a relaxation oasis in your master bathroom.
The customization that’s available when building a custom luxury home in Florida allows for the homeowner to select the amenities and features they want to bring their spa-like bathroom to life.
From steam showers to soaking tubs (Our New Tampa – Craftsman is a great example), ample counter space, natural lighting, and double vanities, the master bathroom of your custom luxury home is like a blank canvas the homeowner can use to create their tranquil masterpiece.
Interested in learning more about the custom home building process in the Tampa Bay area? If so, contact our team at Waterstone City Homes today.